Thursday, June 17, 2010

June Garden Bloggers Bloom Day 2010

Tuesday June 15 happened to be a double blogging day, and I missed it (on vacation with hit and miss internet)...

and

Here are some pictures of my garden at home last week... 




Ah, the hydrangea have started to bloom... I love the soft colors of these! Have a lot of them for cut flower displays...




Can't remember the name for these. Like them, have spread their plethora of seeds... Pink and purple ones are around the garden adding vertical interest...




Hens and Chicks starting to spread... But I never have new plants, even after they do this and get lots of little flowers. Weird!




The lavender blooms are starting to open... I want to make some lavender wands (click here)...




This new-to-my-garden perennial has just rebloomed for a second round...




The new-to-my-garden Magnolia tree has blooms that are old now and some that are about to bloom...




The "floppy Iris" as I call them are just about finished...




The nastursiums are growing fast and are already putting out orange and yellow blooms! I have planted them in vast numbers this year for cascading effects on the various retaining walls we have...

Should be an interesting month of blooms... Lots still peeking up through the dirt!

-- Pictures Taken With & Posted From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. The stripes and yellow accents add interest to your floppy iris - it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete