Thursday, July 16, 2009

July Garden - It's Bloom Time!!!

I have a lot to do today, but I am SO excited that my garden is finally starting to show some cool blooms.
These are pictures I took yesterday in the morning before and after taking Chloe to school.
She was up early yesterday so we had some extra time to do stuff including a walk at Tweed's Park.
One day I'll have a nice Macro lens and a digital SLR to take really good up-close pictures...




Believe it or not, this is the first year that I've seen this red daylily (above). Usually the deer have come by and eaten all of the blooms off before it even has a chance... Forgot that I even had red ones!

The three pictures below are a bit of a "nature takes over" series:

Garden Center purchase: Spiderwort with bright green plant, purple flower

Garden Center Purchase: Spiderwort with dark green plant, pink flowers

This picture is what appeared in a totally different area of my garden:
Nature's Magic: Spiderwort with dark green plant and purple flower.

I'm sure I've seen this cross breed in the garden centers...
It's just cool that nature did it in my garden to give me a little something without having to go and buy it!

In LOVE with the poppies after they have lost their flower... they are like my garden flower snakes all wiggly...

Above is a new bloom to my garden that I started from seed.
Not sure what it is exactly, but hopefully will figure it out.
I really like the shape of the bloom emerging...

Early morning shot - my favorite garden flower (well - technically I like the after the flower spirals that appear).

Seriously an hour or two later... the flower has already opened!
Can't wait to see what this year's spirals look like!

Look at the size and number of Jack-in-the Pulpit seeds are on this baby!
And the new plants under it (they have 3 leafs)...
Next year I hope to have even more throughout the garden...

I am not a huge fan of hens & chicks...
I don't know why...
maybe they just don't do well in my garden and I'm unimpressed by them...
Possibly the neutrality of color most of the year...
But I do like the display of small flowers...

Sometimes I wonder what is going through Chloe's head...
I am so happy to have a kid that likes to be outdoors and isn't afraid to get a little dirty.
Although she's much like me and doesn't like sticky on her hands...
so we carry wet wipes in the car with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment