Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bringing The Garden Inside For Texture Plates

It happens in a blink. Overnight. That one freeze that takes the garden into winter.
From this...


To this...


So this morning I spent some time with clay, making slabs.





After voting and running errands, I grabbed some clippings from the garden before the potential for new nature texture plates was entirely gone.





I really enjoyed this creative phase...





It became quite the messy work space for a bit...


I love drying bits from the garden...


Sun starting to set - time to clean up...
I miss those endless days into nights of studio time.
That has been one of the hardest things to get used to in the last five years since having children (my life revolves around them - which is ok - I just had to learn to adjust).


And amongst the bins of older collected items - all these spirals found in nature (now pressed in clay). Wonder how cool this will look as a raised texture and glazed?

Feels good to just jump in and do something.
Exciting to have new texture plates in the works.
Thank you Mother Nature for the push...


Oh. I made some crescent two hole (perfect for earrings) pieces too.

- Posted using BlogPress from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment