Friday, August 28, 2009

August Garden Pictures

My garden is in full bloom...
Some things starting to head towards end of the season
(the poppies are gone, but their seed pods remain - Yay!!!)

Here are some pics I took a couple weeks ago...
(Bead Fest had me a little busy...)



How cool is this flower...
Look at the way the petals uncurl and expose the reproductive parts of the flower...

By far, the Zinneas are this years garden winners in being prolific and many...
I must admit I love the petal texture...
The pollen anthers...
And they way that they grow,
which is from the center out,
in layers...


Some are like little flowers within the flower...
Amazing and delicately beautiful...

And this one - how very strange...
It's like curly - and makes me think...
Hey, I can curl my tongue like that... Can you?
(It's a genetic and tongue muscle thing - some people can and some can't)

And I got a shot of the night bloomers...
Just as dusk fell upon us and Dave had Chloe inside for her bath...
And I had a moment of remembering - get a picture!!!


Oh, and I love how the moss is finally starting to take over the cracks in our flagstone patio...
It's because of the part shade location and all of the humidity this summer...
Next year we may be able to walk barefoot on it without getting little bits of the crush & run beneath our feet (the moss will have covered it)...


Some Cone Flowers before they took an end of the season turn to blotchy pink and brown...


And that's about it for now...
I've got some cool pics from yesterday to post,
but want to not overload the blog with a ton of pics on one post...

Besides, Chloe and I have our Friday play date with little friends and want to head out the door!
Hope you are enjoying the last days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment