Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Is Upon Us...

Here are a few pictures of my garden as it starts to emerge from winter into spring…
Skeleton of Hydrangea Petal on Cats Mint...
Main Hill Garden - Left Side
Main Hill Garden - Center
Main Hill Garden - Right Side
Big, Bright Fullest of Full Moons through the woods atop the main hill garden.
This year I am not only dedicating my time to learning more about gardening in general - on a higher level of understanding through Master Gardener Training. But also, as health and time allows, I will be clearing the Poison Ivy, Sticker Bushes, Garlic Mustard, Japanese Stilt Grass and all sorts of other invasive-type plants from the edge of the thin woods behind our house. I will replace them with things that will help support our local wildlife and their ecosystems. I want my children to have a place to explore without being overcome by dealings with these things. Not that I will be able to pull it all. One person cannot do it alone… But I will try.

I wonder if I could convince people to come help me - by "paying" them with beads, handmade jewelry, or some plants from my garden… If you are local and are interested, let me know… 

1 comment:

  1. If I were closer (I live in Michigan) I would come. How about having a pot luck picnic in the garden/and garden exchange. I did that for several years with different groups of friends who liked to garden. Everyone brought their favorite lunch dish to pass and if they wanted to exchange plants they brought things that had multiplied in their gardens. Everyone had a great time and went home with many plants. They could also help you pull some of those nasty weeds for a while. Many hands make light work. We have more than gardening in common. I make ceramic jewelry too !

    ReplyDelete