Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 2010 Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

It's been a while since I have spent much time in my garden…
My business, my little ones & family have swept me up since October.

So here is my post for May Dreams Gardens December 15 Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - The current physical state of my garden. And I apologize for the lack of focus on these pictures from my iPhone… It was quite frigid and windy and hard to get the photo app to focus properly...
I am loving the colors on the St. John's Wort...

And the new growth of the Hellebores under the leafs...

The decay of Cone Flowers and the Russian Sage...

Seed heads of the Cone Flowers...

A delightful image - the remains of the flower after the bloom and seeds have gone (NY Iron Weed)

The Holly - half dead from this summer...

The Hydrangea Heads wilted and decaying...
My head has so been in my garden…
My mind keeps wandering to Ecological Gardening…
I have always been interested in garden and all the aspects that it can be thought of…

I am strongly considering applying to the New Castle Co, DE Master Gardener's program for 2011…
We'll see if I can focus enough to decide if it is something I want to pursue at this point in my life…

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful wintry pics. I like the NY Iron Weed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your phone photos have an interesting tonal quality -- perfect for winter (frosty and faded). I especially like the one of the hellebore growth.

    ReplyDelete