Saturday, September 19, 2009

Iphone Zinnias and Dried Leaf Caterpillar

I've been figuring out my Iphone for a bit now...
I downloaded a couple of apps to enhance the camera a bit...
This is from an app called "Sharp Camera"...
And I've cropped the images through Iphoto...

If you've read this blog at all, you know how I like my close up images...

So I'm happy to have realized when you are using this application,
you can click on the screen to get it to adjust to a specific area...

It was such a "duh" moment for me...

And a Eureka moment at the same time...

So thrilled that I can use this for close up shots on the fly,
Which is one of the main reasons for getting the Iphone in the first place...

It's cool too - that my Zinnias are all at these different stages still...
We will have a bit more time to enjoy them...

And I've never seen a caterpillar like this before.
Will have to research to see what kind it is...

Pretty good camouflage!

I had found it on Chloe's play table outside (the blue background) and almost swiped it off before I realized it was moving...

This picture was taken before I realized how I could zoom in with the Iphone...
I used my regular point and shoot camera, while keeping an eye on Chloe and her new baby cousin Taylor.
So I didn't really have a lot of time to get a good shot before Chloe was ready to "nice touch" it (which usually ends up with her roll, squishing caterpillars - Ewww...).
This one was saved by placing it into a nearby tree.

Hope you are out enjoying your garden today!

4 comments:

  1. Goegeous zinneas! Never saw a catapillar like that!! Which end is front??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end facing forward or to the right is the front end. Shortly after taking this picture, we found a moth that had a similar size and "look" to it. I was thinking that this is more likely a moth caterpillar than a butterfly or skipper caterpillar. Probably spends it's entire life in the tree tops as this caterpillar and as an adult - and was knocked down in one of our many storms recently...

    Quite cool isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from Blotanical to see your site! Great pictures! I have an iPhone but can't do what you did. You'll have to teach me! Fun post! I love my pictures up close and personal, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever find out what type of caterpillar that was?

    ReplyDelete